- A standard host for WF/WCF applications
- Tooling and Managment for the application server
- Support for scale-out durable messaging
- Scalable monitoring and diagnostics
- Message based correlation
- Long Running applications
- Management functions via IIS Manager
Much like the BizTalk Server 2009 announcement that occurred a few weeks back, I think Microsoft wants to clear the air and provide a glimpse into what the future holds before developers make their way to PDC in LA later this month.
As much as I am a "BizTalk guy", I am very encouraged with where Microsoft is taking the Connected Systems Division. If nothing else, I feel that the WCF/WF technologies provide options for developers when implementing solutions. Microsoft has already announced their committment to BizTalk, so it is not disappearing any time soon. It should be interesting to see some of the solutions that people come up with using Dublin.
For more information regarding this annoucenemt, please visit Steve Martin's blog.